You deserve to know all the facts.
The specific cost of an abortion depends on the type of procedure and the size of the baby, which are based on gestational age. The price rises as pregnancy progresses. Price also varies by provider; clinics and private practice abortionists typically offer lower costs than hospitals.
In Pennsylvania, the abortion pill cost ranges from $450-$1,000. Surgical abortions can cost up to $1,500.
The cost of abortion varies widely, and according to Planned Parenthood, it is dependent on a variety of factors. These include but are not limited to 1:
- Health Insurance. Do you have health insurance? If so, you may want to discuss with them to become clearer on what your plan may or may not cover in terms of aborting your pregnancy.
- If you don’t have health insurance, your out-of-pocket cost may be higher. Some government health insurance plans assist with abortions, however, others do not.
- The cost of abortions varies from state to state and clinic to clinic. It’s important to gather all your information regarding cost prior to your abortion.
- Type of Abortion. There are two types of abortions – the abortion pill and a surgical. The price is dependent upon the type of abortion you desire.
- How far along in your pregnancy are you? The farther along you are in your pregnancy, the more your abortion may cost.
Make an appointment today to get answers to your questions about pregnancy and abortion
“What I liked best is sitting down and being able to talk about my options and viewpoints.”
“I like how they treated me like a person and not a patient.”
“I was heard. I was told all my options and was encouraged to look at them clearly.”
Questions about your appointment?
A: So our team can best serve you, we ask that you make an appointment.
A: Most of our appointments take about 60-75 minutes from start to finish.
A: Just a valid photo ID.
A: All our services are completely free for you. No insurance needed!
A: Yes, absolutely!